Saturday, August 3, 2013

Laptop Apple MacBook Air MD760LLA Deals & Reviews

VeritasluxMea "Neoplatonic Platonist" (the south): Working off formerly a 13" macbook air mid 2011, I just bought this new 2013 model with the Haswell CPU and low power consumption infrastructure.
Off a full charge, I disconnected 3 hours 40 mins and had an external drive connected the entire time, restarted 4 times, and did NONSTOP heavy application installs (Office suite, Photoshop etc.), a total of 23 applications, and ran youtube vids in the background the entire time, and after all of that nonstop heavy loading, I had 76% on my battery, of which id have around 35% on my older Macbook Air.


Manuel Mueller (Springfield, MA): I was looking for a new laptop that would be primarily used for travelling. For this purpose it had to be light, compact and have a great battery life.
Initially I wasn't looking into Mac's as I was always more familiar with Windows than with MacOS and never had any problems with the OS from Microsoft but the advertised 12 hour battery life of the 2013 MacBook Air convinced me to give this one a try and I did not regret it.


D "Darker" (Bay Area, CA): Well, I purchased this at the Apple Store at Manhattan Beach, CA, and immediately upon opening the box, the Macbook Air had two small dings in the aluminum - one on the side of the monitor, and one that appeared to be small hole by the keyboard. It was small but noticeable, so I returned it and got another that was in pristine condition. Any Apple executives out there reading this, please check out this store. I don't know if they're repackaging returned products or what but this was the second time I purchased something from there and had to return it because of some issue.


Trevor Lowing "Trevor" (Satellite Beach, Fl, USA): My oldest son works in the Performing Arts and most of the software they use runs on Mac. The raw specs of every Apple notebook are sufficient to run the specialized software he uses, so it just comes down to individual preference of "battery life, portability and price" vs "screen resolution and hard drive space". In my analysis (see below) I came to the conclusion that 128gb is fine when supplemented with the SD card slot,an external drive and cloud storage (iCloud, DropBox, Box, etc).

1 comment: