Wednesday, August 14, 2013

Laptop Lenovo IdeaPad Z400 Deals & Reviews

SmilinBob(Canada): Would have given this computer 5 stars but I had to send my first one back because of WiFi issues. It seems there is a know WiFi issue. I don't know if it's affecting all brands of computers with the Intel Centrino Wireless N-2230 adapter or just Lenovo. After reading other reviews on Lenovo computers I was worried that I would have the same issue as I had with the first Z400 Touch. The 2nd arrived yesterday and it is working perfectly. The hardest part of the setup was finding an unused email address for hotmail which you need for the Win8 Store, alot like a Gmail account for Android. I have a model only sold online from the Lenovo store with the only difference is that mine has 8 Gigs of RAM and a 1600X900 Display.
Floyd Owsley "Floydster" (St. Marys, Ohio USA): I was unable to move but a few feet away with laptop without losing internet connection due to a weak wireless signal. Trouble is not with my router as I can use my Acer laptop outside of my house and still have a strong signal same with with my iPad and cell phones. Called Levono and they were unable to help. So I will be returning.I have since seen other complaints on the Levono's forums in regards to networking issues. Too bad, I really liked this laptop.
T. Peiser "FORTUNATINA" (RANCHO BELAGO): I have owned 5 or 6 laptops and this is my favorite so far. I bought the i7 processor, 8 GB RAM, with Win 8 touch screen. Some have complained about Win 8, but then every new Windows version has had detractors. I'm OK with it. The speed is great, the look is sleek, and the fan is quiet. I saw one review comparing it to a "free weight" because it weighs 4 1/2 pounds. If that is too heavy for you then you might have other issues you need to address first. It isn't a tablet, but it has multiple ports and an optical drive that I need. The keyboard does flex a bit when typing, but it doesn't feel cheap or fragile. The screen is bright and clear and at $ 760, the price was the best value machine I found.
K. Parsons (Indiana): I spent a long time researching different laptops for my dad. I was a little nervous about Windows 8 since everyone seems to hate it. But my dad, at 55, had no problem using the computer (though that might be because he has an iPad and is used to using a touch screen). The computer is very well-made, sleek, the keyboard lights up and the screen is very bright and clear. My dad and I were both blown away by the resolution of the screen. The only negative that I have is that the computer is quite heavy despite being very sleek.

No comments:

Post a Comment