Monday, August 12, 2013

Laptop Lenovo G500 15.6-Inch Deals & Reviews

Nathan D. Linn (Los Angeles): Having owned this machine for about 7 months since the posting of this review I can say that I'm quite happy with my purchase overall, despite not being a huge fan of Windows 8, which mine came bundled with. It is still quite fast, is lightweight and stays cool, and I really enjoy the full keyboard with number bad. That said, I do have some minor complaints I have with the device, primarily relating to the screen
Nick (NY): The display is quite glossy and wide. I would have definitely preferred an anti-glare screen. The overall size of the screen is adequate and the aspect ratio is good for movies, but the resolution isn't very high (maxes out at 768 pixels high) and I'd have preferred it to be taller and less wide, though that's unfortunately become quite rare in inexpensive laptops these days. Shortly after purchasing the machine I attempted to replace Windows 8 with an version, which turned out pretty disastrously, and I'm fairly tech savvy. If you don't like the preinstalled OS, I'd recommend getting another device. Overall it's definitely a solid machine with a nice keyboard that still runs well for the price, though.
Balint "ballantyne" (Berkeley, Ca): This computer was delivered on Thursday at 4 pm with a return date of the same day. So impossible to return. It didn't work coming our of the package. Called Lenovo. The tech told me it was static electricity and gave a fix that worked for about 30 minutes. Called Lenovo on Friday and was told these computers had a history of manufacturing errors with the video cord and the motherboard. He said I would never be satisfied with it and to return it to Lenovo for replacement. I decided not to go on that path since the G500 would not be something I would want to try again. Amazon finally gave me the chance to return it after complaint.
Joe F(Agentina): The main thing that I think a shoppers should get out of this review is that the price is good for a laptop that is reliable for casual use. I personally use it for college, surfing, light gaming, and music storage. I have had it for over 6 months now and it still works like it was the first day. Windows 8 takes some getting used to, but it's not that bad. The major (or only) gripe I have about this computer is the mouse pad. It is absolutely terrible, but a wireless mouse can take care of this problem. I downloaded a program to help with the mouse pad settings which helped some, but the mouse pad is still hard to use for me as it just doesn't read my motions accurately. I will swipe my finger in a direction and the pointer seems to get hung up and lags. Go out and get a $10-15 wireless mouse to save the headache, disable the mouse pad, then you will love this laptop!

1 comment: