Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Laptop Lenovo IdeaPad U310 Deals & Reviews

R. Seto "Tech Guru" (NJ): Got for $599 last week from another vendor. First Lenovo and I am happy with purchase and tech support. First one received did have dead pixel on arrival but vendor instantly sent me a replacement with next day Saturday delivery. This is an upgrade from my 4years old Samsung netbook which served me very well. I find the u310 touch to be very fast, screen is very nice and clear after making fine adjustments, track pad very smooth after making fine adjustments, touch screen a nice addition. Did not have any dropped WIFI connection and have found operational distance to be good. Very nice build and like the aluminum outer shell.
James Daniel (Austin, TX United States): I've nothing to complain about with this purchase, which is saying something, indeed. Once upon a time, you had to pay high prices for the power to support a multimedia and gaming platform, and I tend to buy very high-powered laptops over the years as a rule, because I cannot stand the performance of machines that are designed to be energy efficient and preserve battery life. While this isn't on the level of getting an overclocked i7 desktop with the latest Nvidia graphics card and liquid cooling ... let me put it this way: it's so efficient it doesn't need the cooling. For comparison, this is replacing an old 2006 Vaio laptop of mine that runs XP (not one of my high-powered machines, but one that I had converted for multimedia use).
Spencer (San Diego): I thought the wifi issue everyone seems to be talking about wasn't going to be that big of a deal considering I'm only a room away from my router anyway. The thing is, it still had a hard time connecting even when most of my devices connect to the wifi perfectly. The laptop itself is great; it looks nice, works well for the most part, but the wifi hardware is just a deal breaker. This is supposed to be a portable system, not a system that needs to be connected to ethernet plug consistently. Everything else about the laptop is great though; really clean look, pretty good battery life, touch is a great addition with windows 8. If you don't mind being closer to the router or being slow when you're distant from it, it honestly is a pretty decent laptop overall though. I'm a student/light gamer.
T. Reed (MD): There is not much to say about this computer other than the wifi reception is terrible. If I am one room away from the router my speed drops by over half and it is not even usable more than one room from the router. We have several other laptops in the house and they all work considerably better than our "new" Lenovo. When I contacted Lenovo they indicated the problem is with the wifi hardware installed in the computer. The technician suggested that I purchase an external wifi adapter.

1 comment: