Monday, August 12, 2013

Laptop Lenovo G585 Deals & Reviews

Boshemia "Boshemia" (Colorado): Just a few chapters away from the finish line on my first book and my old nasty broke laptop quit, then another shorted out, then another could no longer run OpenOffice. It was dire.I wanted to wait until I could afford a higher end laptop but I ended up taking a shot on this Lenovo. I needed something that could handle my workload. Writing, editing, graphics, websites, social networking... and I needed one that could do it all at once.Elphaba will be my faithful muse while I make my writing dreams come true!Great computer, everything was set up and running right away. No issues of any sort. So happy with her.
A. Warshaw (NJ): It ended up being a bad decision. It is near impossible to watch a streaming video without it being patchy in either the video or sound, even with no other programs or windows open. It's very frustrating, since I don't have a TV and would want to watch Hulu or Netlflix, and it makes it difficult with Facebook or Youtube videos. Even gifs don't display properly or smoothly. Regular webpages without any media content also display that "patchy" behavior, where it gets stuck in places when you're trying to scroll and even the text you are typing does not show up evenly. Pages take quite a bit to load and forget about trying to open up multiple tabs on a web browser. My first day using it, I had IE and Spotify open and it froze and crashed I haven't even tried installing most of the apps I'd like to have, including Word, because I know it will just be frustrating.
J.A.Crumley "JA" (TN, United States): I am told it's quite possibly a Windows 8 problem, but this computer doesn't come with a Windows 7 downgrade and I'm not willing to spend more money on an installation CD. On top of that, Windows 8 is pretty frustrating to use. I'm returning the computer, and I hope I can warn some others to not waste their time.
James "2020 In a blink" (Utah): I gave this to my wife for her birthday a while ago. After realizing that Windows 8 is set up as if it was being used on a mobile device, she became a little more accepting of the product. The problem, of course, is that absent swipe actions on the screen (the screen is not set up to be touch sensitive), the operating system becomes a pain in the neck. It appears as if Microsoft is again trying to press the world into it's vision of what hardware should be present in a system, rather than writing software to work with the hardware that is in place. Some things never change.

1 comment: