Wednesday, July 31, 2013

Laptop Alienware M15X Deals & Reviews

Colin Thompson (San Fernando Valley): I ordered my Alienware M15x through the Dell website on 12/3/2009. Delivery occurred on 12/18/2009, which was the original order anticipated build completion date. Nice! The laptop is replacing a home-built custom quad-core Cosmos gaming PC.
During the purchase process, I opted for the RAM upgrade to 4GB @ 1333MHz, upgraded the video card to the 260m (and got a $50 Dell promo gift card from this), got the 1080p screen, and upped the hard drive to 320GB. I subscribe to Steve Job's notion that Blu-Ray is a bag of hurt, so I stuck with the DVD/CD slot burner.

Shanerrific (Austin, Texas): I got this computer last week and I've logged soooo many hours on it already its ridonkulous. Plays wow good. Super fast for editing photos (I'm a photographer so I opted for a larger hard drive). I will use this machine until it dies on me. Screen is crystal clear, boot times are fantastic. Good, solid, stable machine for gaming runs cool and we all know alienware isn't surpassed by looks. Get one and get the enjoyment I have from mine! Hoo-yah alienware!


Bass89man (Towson Maryland): I bought this computer about a year ago. I've had several problems with it. The keys on the computer have started to break off of the computer. I am not rough with my electronics. I take very good care of them. This cheaply made keyboard looks pretty with LED lights but is not very sturdy. I have also had several hard drive crashes with this computer. The first few times i was able to reformat the computer and after sitting on the phone with tech support and installing all the drivers, the computer was back up and running. The Tech support is good as long as you are under their warranty.


Simon G. Tsegay (California): What I didn't realize was that I'd lose a ton of data and work because the system would spontaneously restart WITHOUT warning... several times atleast every week, and occasionally 3-4 times daily. I'm not talking about the system overloading with too many CPU/RAM processes and heavy usage... I'm talking about the system being idle, maybe a word processor running, and then it just blacks out and restarts. No save, no warning. Also, the USB ports simply stop working after the system has been over a few hours. After I reset the system to factory settings 3 times, I gave customer service a call. They recommended updating the BIOS and all drivers, then uninstall a whole crap load of updates that they said might be causing the conflicts. Still, it didn't help.

1 comment: