Friday, July 19, 2013

Laptop Dell Inspiron i13z-3181sLV 13-Inch Deals & Reviews

D. Priede: Bought this for my son and very happy with this product as a gift for his birthday. He really needs it because of college. He has not put it down all day. It is the absolute perfect size, and it's very light. This laptop is light enough to carry around school in his backpack. Only downside is that it doesn't have a DVD player for games but he got an external USB drive that he uses to transfer stuff form his desktop to his laptop. I am getting another for my daughter for the holidays. Dell makes the best laptops for the price.


John Tennant (New York City): It's convenient, light, thin, easy to carry around. And it's fast! The keyboard is comfortable. But the whole thing seems a bit flimsy and I wonder how long it will last--I've only had it about a month. Worse, there was a problem from the beginning with the wireless. I called Dell support and a technician corrected the problem by helping me download a new driver to replace a corrupted one and now it works fine. But why was there a corrupted driver on a brand new laptop? The battery lasts about four hours which is OK though it would be nice to have a longer-lasting battery. There is no DVD drive, but I bought an external drive which works fine, is not expensive and I can leave it home when I'm traveling. Compared to my Dell Inspiron, which is about five years old, the 13z is faster and more convenient but not as sturdy and you do have to get used to a smaller screen.


John Kwok (New York, NY USA): I acquired recently one of the earliest Dell Inspiron 13zs and had to ship it to Dell for servicing. Much to my amazement, their customer service and technical support was absolutely first rate, correcting a flaw in the battery and conducting extensive tests to ensure that this laptop performed as good as new; I am also grateful to them for giving me a year's warranty on this laptop despited the fact that I had purchased it second-hand from Amazon's Warehouse Outlet. As for the unit itself, I am especially impressed with how quickly it loads web pages, due no doubt to having 6 MB of RAM. Despite its relatively slow 1.4 Ghz speed, it has performed nearly as fast as an older Dell XPS M1330 which I still use daily; that older Dell has a 2.2 Ghz speed. This is almost the perfect laptop for web searching. My only reservation is that it seems to be less durable in construction than the Dell XPS M1330 or some other Dell laptops that I still use. Those thinking of getting the Dell Inspiron 13z at its currently faster Ghz speeds will find this a very good notebook equal in quality to similar ones from HP and Apple.


Virginia garrett (glasgow, ky, US): It is exactly as expected. Wonderful! Easy to use and connects easily to internet. The only problem is with downloading any thing on a disk. Need an external hard drive for it. Extra cost! Great graphics.
Dell Inspiron i13z-3181PNK 13' (Small) Laptop Computer, red in shade received as ordered. Excellent. Installation achieved fine & Wireless Network Internet Explorer also working successfully.

1 comment: