Tuesday, July 23, 2013

Laptop Dell XPS 13 XPS13R2-1050sLV Deals & Reviews

Comparative Anatomist(NY): I bought mine directly from Dell. Here are the pros--It is extremely light and compact with a large screen for its size. It feels almost like an ipad (which I have) in weight. The carbon fiber back really helps and gives it a bit of a grip on your lap. It also doesn't burn your thighs like a traditional laptop. The USB ports make this a living breathing computer and with windows installed I find myself reaching for this more than my ipad. Then again, I spend most of my time making word documents, powerpoints, spreadsheets, and stats rather than surfing the web and checking email. Although small, the chicklet keypad isn't cramped and feels smooth under your fingers.


George Georgalliis(California): This seems to be a fine laptop, I've been traveling with it for a couple of months now. It seems a bit finicky with internet (WIFI) connections, but that may just be due to the quality of available connections. However, the track pad is just awful. Sometimes when I don't even touch the touch pad, the mouse pointer jumps around. I don't like the feel of the pad surface, and it's not smooth so it's hard for me to make subtle gestures consistently. I've turned off all the bells and whistles (i.e., two finger gestures) and turned down sensitivity in the hopes it will respond only to deliberate touches on the pad, but it's still overly finicky sometimes and not very responsive other times. I had heard about this problem before buying, and usually use a mouse anyway, but it's still a problem.

P. Benda (Virginia): Incredible laptop. I nuked the OS when I received it and installed Linux Mint and have not one bad thing to say about it. It's incredibly fast, light and durable. It feels very well made yet has some features I wish Apple would consider for their own laptops. For instance, I love aluminum cased laptops, but better for heat dissipation, looks great and durability. However when working with an all aluminum laptop it can get VERY hot and tends to be a bit slippery if on your clothed lap. This XPS is designed perfectly with a textured rubber of sorts on the bottom so it doesn't slide yet maintains the aluminum cover and frame.


Omar Zeciri (Chicago, USA): The TN display isn't great. I prefer wider viewing angles than this. I use mine plugged in and the power cord doesn't click into the computer. Mine has a bad habit of falling out if I twitch just a little and then you end up draining your battery and not knowing it. Dell should have thought this through a bit more. An SD card port would have been nice, but that's easy enough to fix with a couple of USB ports. The mouse pad is horrible--I mean terrible. It jumps around whether you touch it or not. The keyboard feels great and the fact that it lights up is another plus, but the space bar sticks and so do several other keys. I expect that after five years of pounding on a computer. I don't expect it when it is brand new. Between the cord issues, the poor tracking on the pad, and the sticky keys, I expect better especially given what I paid for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment