Thursday, July 25, 2013

Laptop Dell XPS XPS15-9062sLV Deals & Reviews

Shane Fulford(Chicago, USA): I got this PC against my better judgement. I figured I would have better luck than others since Dell is using a different wireless adapter from the units that had problems this summer. Well, I can confirm that the problem might be slightly improved but there is a ways to go in terms of making this unit what it should be.
The range as the story goes on this unit is terrible. I have tested it out in a few different areas in my house and it drops connections in areas that a 12 year old Dell beater I took from work stays connected in.

Andrew Rutan (Canada): So I am selling one of these in my web store so I might be a little biased, but I really do use one of these on a day to day basis and love it. I am also a Web developer / Designer and have multiple resource intensive programs open at the same time like Photoshop, Visual Studio, Illustrator, SQL server, and IIS.
I upgraded to 8GB of Ram, but have never had any problem running all those programs at once due to processor issues. This thing is just a beast and it looks slick to.

M. Choo (New Jersey)I bought this laptop because I liked the form factor and durability. I travel constantly, and the Lenovo computer I have has taken quite a beating, with plastic bits breaking off near the heat vent or around the USB ports. So I thought I'd get something that seems a bit more durable, so I chose the XPS 15.
Unfortunately I only was able to use it for a few days before the issues began. After a day of trying to diagnose why it would shut off, I realized that simply putting pressure on the lower left side of the bottom panel would cause it to immediately shut down, pressure such as placing your palms on the palm rest while typing, or picking the laptop up to more it to another place. Which is why one typically buys a laptop.


Javier I. Villegas "Javier" (Buenos Aires, Argentina): Overall the laptop is nice; however, one glaring exception is the wifi card. The Dell 1901 card that comes with this is horrible. I have two iPads (2nd and 3rd gen), a Windows Phone, a Lenovo, a MacBook Pro and a MacBook which all connect to the router without issue at twice the distance from the router. While the Dell can only see my router, the rest of the devices finds 5-10 other routers in the area. If I'm more than 10' from the router, the Dell constantly drops the connection. Even if it can connect, then it's horribly slow. Totally unusable. I had to get a USB wifi adapter to make it even usable. And again, it can connect at twice the distance.

No comments:

Post a Comment