Thursday, July 18, 2013

Laptop Dell Inspiron 1000 Deals & Reviews

David Spencer(USA): Some of the other reviewers here have had issues with Dell products in the past, as have I from time to time; however, you can't deny you are getting decent hardware for the money. If I were you I'd ignore some of these other reviews which clearly have not actually tried this exact Inspiron model as it was first released in October of 2012 and they are talking like they've had it for a year and a half! I've owned Inspirons in the past and plan on them lasting me 3-4 years. That's exactly what you should expect out of any inexpensive laptop. I bought this particular model because I wanted the new Ivy Bridge processor and SSD included with this model. So far, it works great!


Joy Collura (Spring Hill, FL United States): I have been using Dell laptops for the past 5 years and have always been impressed with their service and reliability. But this time i have been let down both in service and product.
Problems with the product: The first time i started my laptop everything was fine. The second time it refused to move past the dell logo and was stuck there for 2 hours. I read up on the internet that this is not unusual for the 14z and tried a fix that was mentioned on the website. It worked. Now after a week the same thing happened again , but a restart fixed it. Now every time the screen shows the dell logo, i have to cross my fingers that it will move ahead and not freeze in the middle of an important presentation. That's the level to which dell has let me down. Also, The touch pad mouse is jumpy and it clicks somewhere an inch around where i intend to click. Extremely frustrating.


Good_Person (NY): Just got it today. It's lightweight, screen is OK (wouldn't mind a 1600x900 though) and keyboard/mouse pad feels excellent (much better than my other Acer which keyboard sucks)
I thought I will get keyboard back-lighting, but it doesn't. Too bad. I also doesn't like that the Home/End, and Page up/Page down keys are only available along with pressing the FN key. What was Dell thinking? There's more than enough room to extend the keyboard a bit.
Startup is pretty fast from wakeup (again, this is an i3 processor, and it's faster than my Acer with a 3rd Gen. i5). It seems to be great for daily (non-demanding) tasks. Wifi was working great straight out of the box.


Timothy L. Herrick(Ca, USA): It's hard to use this computer, but much of that has to do with the OS. everything is different, and some things are just plain hard to do, like turning it off, closing programs. The computer itself is attractive, light, good battery life, fast; but if its hard to use, those things don't matter as much. There do seem to be some response problems with the touchpad as well; clicking on it is not a reliable way to reposition the mouse or activate hyperlinks, and there is no side slide, which is a handy feature.

No comments:

Post a Comment