Wednesday, July 24, 2013

Laptop Dell XPS XPS13-1000sLV Deals & Reviews

ZPM "zpm" (Baltimore, MD): I am returning the laptop and getting a replacement in hopes of receiving a non defective one. I received a Windows 8 error from the first time I logged on and put all my information in. After I finally got through that, the computer (software) was acting up. Programs not working, occasional freezing, wireless connection going in and out. I downloaded a bunch of Windows Updates which seemed to help a lot but the Internet was still just awful.


G. Ryan "Gmy" (St. Louis, MO United States): Very impressive design in person....pictures provide limited justice... My first experience using a ssd drive...neither a hiccup or stall at all and is upgradable. Great ultrabook for my needs....burden less travel - great size slightly under 3lbs. Screen is beautiful at front angle views. Wireless connection is reliable and strong. Windows 8 however is a work in progress as I like what was done 'under hood' over Win 7 but the new start mode but requires practice.


Pablo (plantation, Florida, US): I ordered my Dell directly from the company. It was an XPS 12 which I believe is basically the same as this model except that the screen flips so the computer can function as a tablet. I received the computer on in mid-November
and it has been nothing but trouble since. As the previous reviewer said, the computer did not run all programs, it froze, and the wireless connection went in and out. The touch screen responded to touch only some of the time, and the screen kept flipping size, sometimes becoming so small as to be unreadable and no matter what I tried, I could not get the type and pictures to normal size until the computer decided to do that itself. No updates, including updated drivers, made any difference. Beginning on December 9, calls went back and forth to Dell and fixes were offered but the computer still did not work. One additional thing on the xps 12.


Trauquen(China): What amazed me when I read the previous review is that it is clear that the defects in my computer were not isolated problems, yet the company continues to ship computers without the defects having been fixed. The company also wasted a lot of my time offering fixes when it should be apparent to them that the the computers are defective. Now I am waiting to receive another machine, for which the process cannot be expedited, only the shipping, and the company is not even sure if there is a computer available though one could have been put on hold for me on the 28th since there was a possibility my computer would require a replacement. And I am afraid the replacement computer will not function better than the the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment