Friday, July 26, 2013

Laptop Dell vostro V13 silver Deals & Reviews

P. knight "Speed expert" (Caribbean): The first thing to mention is that these units are disappearing rapidly as inventory lowers and Dell stopped production as of May 1, 2011. There were specials on for over a month as Dell popped them out at a ridiculously low $350 US, presumably using the existing tooling until a new model went into production. Like a fool, all my instincts told me I should have bought a few and after receiving mine on May 6th, I realized that I should have bought a dozen at that price.
Well I managed to get one for myself (at least) and here is the info that should assist any and everyone in deciding if they should buy one.


Julian A. Schulz "Julian" (Boston, MA): I bought one of these used (this model is no longer available from Dell), and I like it a lot.
Let me point out right away though it's one bad point: short battery life. 3 - 4 hours for web surfing etc. Less for more demanding tasks like playing video.
If you can live with that, I highly recommend it. It's not much heavier or bigger than a netbook. It's wider and deeper but it's really thin, so overall size comes out about the same really. You get a much better CPU (low voltage core2duo in mine), a 13.3" HD resolution screen, and a full-size keyboard. A major plus for my usage is that it plays full HD videos with no sweat, even streaming videos. Atom-powered netbooks just can't do this.


Jgreg25 "jgreg25" (Dallas, TX):  I find it absolutely incredible, that Dell can let these stellar machines go, for a mere 350.00
If you poke around, you can find them at this price, though they are becoming scarce.
For a few dollars more than a lowly, in-efficient netbook, you can get this Dell V13, boasting
a HD 13.3 inch WS display, in a semi-glossy (more matte) finish.
It also features a slick, uber-thin brushed aluminum caseing, that is nothing short of gorgeous.
You get a dual core processor, 2 GB of ram, plenty of speed & power, that blows the latest atom processors, out of the
water.


Carole Eastman (Los Angeles, CA): I just received my Vostro V-13, and I LOVE it!! I highly recommend grabbing one. For the price, this little monster is nothing short of AWESOME! Mine has 4g of RAM and 320 gb of memory, and it's lighning fast! I LOVE the keyboard too. I can type at lightning speed with this little baby. It comes wi-fi ready with Windows 7 and Microsoft Word pre-installed, along with other goodies, including a program for your music which is Amazon compatible, and a few games pre-loaded, and other programs to handle your photographs and your media. The resolution on the LCD screen is amazing. You can pay so much more for a great little laptop, but why should you? This one is comparable to Apple's Macbook Air, but I actually like the Vostro V-13 better. It comes in a sleek little super-thin silver chrome case with a 13.3" screen. It's highly competitive in all areas! All the reviews I read here said that this older Vostro V-13 outshines the newer Vostro V-130 and V-131 models, and I'm sure they are right, as this little machine rocks!!

No comments:

Post a Comment