Monday, July 29, 2013

Laptop Dell Latitude D610 Deals & Reviews

Robin (Down East): I bought one of these laptops two months ago. It has been working just fine. Today Microsoft told me that the license is not valid. It has a valid certificate of authenticity on the back but does not have a second "refurbished" CoA. When I look at the internal System Properties/General tab it says "XP Corporate" which means it was covered under a volume/site license which can not be transferred or sold. I will probably have to buy a fresh copy of XP ($150) and re-install.


Colbert L. Boyd "Bert Boyd" (Roanoke, VA): I was skeptical about purchasing a refurbished D610. It has worked like a charm the speed and capacity are suitable for my needs. It's a great home computer, I don't have to do any heavy computing with it but it seems quite capable to take on any job.
The only thing that could be better is the brightness of the screen. I need to do some research to see if I can make adjustment in the screen brightness.
I purchased the updated anti-virus and malware software and updated my router, it accepted all I could throw at it and works just fine.


Autumn Jackman (oregon): I purchased this laptop as a Christmas gift for my daughter. It was specified as being in B condition. This made me a little nervous as to what I would receive. It came with a small wear spot in the paint on the key board. Other than that it looks like new and seams to be functioning just fine. Its a much sturdier machine than some of the lower end / like priced units I looked at in the department stores. My daughter loves it and I'm very satisfied with the value.


Theodore Gordon "Ted" (Danbury, CT USA): I purchased a refurbished Dell Laptop with low expectations. And I got, I believe, a much sturdier computer than I expected. I really hadn't wanted a Dell, but that was what was available at the time. I didn't give it 5 stars simply because I do not believe everything is perfect.
It operates well at speed for my relatively simple needs, and is complete with OS for a very reasonable price. Even the battery has a little life in it .. it is good for about an hour. I bought it to replace a Lenovo laptop that I have had for years, and relied upon until it had a disagreement with a glass of tea.

1 comment: