Monday, July 29, 2013

Laptop Dell Latitude D820 Deals & Reviews

Frank (IA, USA): This machine is extremely durable. Despite what others might say about it running apps slowly, they don't know how to manage their OS. This machine can run any application, including Adobe Creative Suite apps well. Sure, it's not the fastest thing on the market, but it's a 2.0 dual core CPU, it's a great deal, and for any student/office person trying to save money while still getting things done, it's a great buy. The hardware holds up great, and don't let others tell you it's slow because of how they treat their OS.


Todd Bettis "Todd B." (Jacksonville, FL USA): This is a great laptop, solid, easy to use, I like that it locks when closed. I didn't find it to be slow as others have said. The keyboard keys are slightly raised, which I liked. The only minor things I didn't like was no numbers pad, so I had to use the numbers across the top, it's a very HEAVY laptop, but worst of all, the battery life was really bad. Two hours max, and it wasn't just my battery, I ordered a backup and it was the same way.


Donna Davis (Oklahoma City, OK): My 12 yr-old step-son needed a laptop for middle school. I have a Latitude D800 myself, so setting this up for him was all very familiar. It's not a speed demon, doesn't have all the latest and greatest, but for doing homework assignments it is more than adequate. And not being "all that" discourages him from installing web-enabled multiuser games that could get him hacked and leave me cleaning up the mess (he's not a computer geek; I kind of am).

Mj (BG, OH): It's an OK laptop that does the job. But I would agree with the other reviewed that "it should run faster" considering the specs. In comparing the specs vs. my old C640, it's got double the memory, double the CPU, double the harddrive, etc... yet I only see a marginal performance improvement. I have run windows XP, Vista, and wasn't particularly impressed with the performance of either of them. I'm running 2003 server and it seems to be better now. There is a lot of harddrive noise. There is also a problem with feedback on my telephone when I get close to the computer... presumably due to a faulty ground somewhere on the laptop. It's also a bit heavier then I would like.

No comments:

Post a Comment