Tuesday, July 30, 2013

Laptop Dell AX-3600GSL Adamo XPS Deals & Reviews

W. Lefkowitz "-bill" (San Antonio, TX, US): Got the Adamo xps for work. I do a lot with microsoft office including outlook and onenote. I couldn't have asked for a better machine. thin and easy to carry (esp with extended battery to curl fingers around). easy to open, very comfortable keyboard for standard typing. can use on lap without discomfort despite footprint because it's light. solid state drive is big enough for my use. battery life is good, not great. found a good solution is to have a plug for work and one for home. lasts over four hours (through all but the most horrible meetings) and I only use it in power-saver mode with screen at one step above dim - good for indoors. I also have one of those logitech nano receiver mice and not bluetooth.

Kevin Horton (Scottsdale, AZ USA): Acquired this notebook from the Microsoft Store in Scottsdale, AZ and was very happy with the setup and initial performance. Didn't have success, tho, with an external USB DVD player purchased with it. Ended up ordering a (expensive!) DVD/Blu-Ray player for the Adamo direct from Dell and it works great...just one USB port required. Also purchased an extended life battery through Dell....which brings me to the one big complaint I have with this machine. So I now have two batteries to use with this notebook, but it is NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE to swap the battery out. Seems simple...there's a typical slider on the bottom to supposedly release the battery, but it won't come out.


Adil Ahmed "Adilcomp" (austin Tx. USa): This is how a laptop must be design. the lightness of this laptop makes you want to carry it around anywhere. I sometimes feel bad leaving this computer sitting there without me doing nothing on it. To avoid that, I always find something doing on it. It is fast, takes less than 12 seconds for me to be on the desktop when turned on. Keyboard is first class, and mouse is the best. Screen brightness may be too bright but you can adjust it. I travel with this and I get a lot of interesting remarks. People can't even turn it is a computer until i confirm it. The computer is very fast for me activities. I do audio editing on it, I use photoshop as well on it. Though this is meant to be a light activity computer, it does every heavy duty. This laptop is often mistaken as a mac when you take it around, except it is far superior than a mac.
Jack Mcdowell (Buenos Aires, Argentina): The XPS Adamo came out some time ago -- it is nearly 2012 as I write this -- but I finally broke down and got one, brand new from an EBay seller. In short, I am floored by the design and technology that went into this -- 128 SSD at a time when solid state drives were really not big -- amazingly thin, and this thing is a head turner wherever I go in public. It is interesting, considering that Ultrabooks are now flooding the market, that the Adamo XPS was so ahead of its time, and made by Dell, which you would normally not associated with something like this. My only fault, as others have noted, is the battery design -- you really need to do it carefully to get the battery off and I think they could have re-thought this. But in general I am amazed that Dell did not continue with this specific line of Adamo -- they were WAY ahead of the pack -- or at least equal to MacAir at the time this came out and this was really a complete re-think of the laptop design.

No comments:

Post a Comment