Sunday, July 14, 2013

Laptop Dell Alienware M17X R3 Deals & Reviews

Michael Jude Kelsey "Denegra": I have owned this laptop for about 8 months at this point. Let me tell you that is by far the fastest laptop I have ever used. It handles most games with ease at full graphics.
That being said there is a major flaw with this laptop. Within 2 months of owning the laptop, the keys started popping off. Dell does have a picture tutorial on how to put this keys back on, but if you follow the tutorial it will often lead to adjacent keys popping off. And if you push too hard when trying to get the keys to latch, then you are out of luck. Luckily my first experience with Alienware customer service ended in a keyboard replacement in less than 2 days from calling tech support. However when it started happening again tech support was not that helpful. I was told I would need to purchase a replacement keyboard for $110! The laptop is under warranty for 4 more months. I was even considering extending the warranty.


David D. "David" : Just received the laptop a week ago, however will be returning it due to a newer version of this laptop just being released (with GTX660M and additional 2GB of RAM for similar price). I must say I am highly impressed with the machine. I would not be returning this if the newer model was not released. The machine is quick and powerful and battery life is surprisingly good for a gaming laptop (got about 3 1/2 hours battery life without gaming, which would probably get better once the battery was broken in). It allows you to convert to integrated graphics instead of dedicated which also increases battery life. Another cool feature allows you to change the backlight keys (in sections) on the keyboard. If this was only $700 or $800 I would probably not bother returning for the newer version, however considering this is almost $1,500, I would like to have the newest model (considering it is less than $100 more for the newer model). Thanks to Amazon and their kind and helpful support team for allowing me to return the product!


Pen Name(NY): I received the computer 2 days after purchase. It was in perfect condition and had all advertised features and upgrades. The computer is great but could use at least 2 gigs(to make 8 gigs) more of RAM. This model's webcam is almost worthless and the microphone array might as well not be a feature. It can barely pick my voice up and is super quiet. I will have to use a headset mic. Overall, I am happy and the game performance is great. I would buy from this seller again


Lance W Turner(CA,USA): Got the laptop in March of 2011 and was amazed with the spectacular lighting as well as how great it handled games. My issues which i've been seeing a whole lot now is more with customer service. At about six months my screen was just not working. It kept turning completely white when picked up then it would do it all the time. So I call tech support and was on the phone with them for an hour and a half with them talking me through how to literally take apart the whole thing and see if I could fix the issue myself. After no success there I mailed it to dell so they could fix it. They did after aabout a month and a half oh lol and the best part about 2 months later I got the same issue again. Great laptop preformance for gameing lights look badass but but customer service sucks. Plain and simple.

No comments:

Post a Comment