Thursday, July 25, 2013

Laptop Dell XPS 12 Convertible Deals & Reviews

Matthew J. Kreuscher "Matt K" (Milwaukee, WI): Overall, this is a great product. With the ability to flip the screen and turn it into a tablet, it separates it from others. It is faster than any tablet and works as well as most ultrabooks. If it was a bit lighter, it would be amazing! Some people say it isn't worth the price. To me, it is. I no longer need a tablet and a laptop. In fact, I sold my tablet and my netbook, which paid for more than half of this device. I would definitely recommend. I also looked at the Asus Taichi. I chose this device solely due to the poor battery life on the Asus.


Rajive Kumar (Seattle, WA USA): I love the laptop (I would have absolutely loved it, if it were not for the issues noted below), it is light and easy to convert between a tablet and a laptop. This is one of the very few touch screen laptops in the market with 1080p resolution and I absolutely love the extra real estate. With Windows 8, the touch interface seems to come alive, especially some of the Microsoft bundled apps with Windows 8, like travel, news, finance etc which you can experience to its fullness. Btw, I have the Core i7 version.


David Pearlman "sound fanatic" (Arlington, MA): This is one of a new breed of convertible laptops created to take advantage of the Windows 8 paradigm, which allows use as both as tablet and a laptop. While this category is expected to grow, right now, there are essentially only a modest number of entrants, and only two that could be reasonably be called innovative: The Dell XPS 12 (this one), and the Lenovo Yoga 13. The Dell and Lenovo sport similar power specs (cpu, memory, hard drive, battery life), but the Dell has a much higher resolution, better, screen. In my opinion, the Dell takes that competition handily.


Jules (Santa Cruz, California, USA): At first I was going to buy a tablet....I wanted the portability of the small size. I was going to take it with me on a trip. I planned on uploading photos, editing them with a Microsoft program, and using Microsoft Office to check my emails via Outlook and view and sync my Outlook calendar. Tablets use the Andoid OS (Operating System) which was originally desiged for cell phone usage. So I realized for my purposes, I needed a real computer. The Windows 8 operating system was really designed for a touchscreen. It is a shame to use it without a touch screen. The Dell convertible with the screen flipped around looks like a tablet....the touch screen works great and a virtual keyboard appears on the screen when you touch a button to type something. It has more speed, storage, memory, etc. than a tablet or a Microsoft Surface Pro. So far no problems and it has been a wow factor as I discover new features of it and the Windows 8.

1 comment: